Wednesday 13 July 2011

Bangladeshi Counsellor

A counselor from Embassy of People's Republic of Bangladesh in Baghdad, Iraq came the other day to visit the company I am working for. Unluckily, none of the managers were available to listen to him, maybe because he came without any appointment, and thus, they brought the counselor to my office to listen what he wanted to say. So, I asked his intention of visit. He replied, he came to offer us to employ his people, Bangladeshi, to work for the company in this nearly $200 mln project. There was a mix of emotions in his words; proud, sense of duty, and some other that I cannot name right now. Even though he offers unskilled workers, what an honor for an officer to help people from his nationality. Not that I am a nationalist, but still, isn't this what it has to be?

No comments: